Volunteer at Lougheed House
Help make history come alive for Calgarians and visitors from around the world!
As a Lougheed House volunteer, you will also meet new people, learn new skills, and be part of a great team.
Lougheed House has enjoyed and benefited for 25 years from the generous gifts of time and expertise of our many volunteers. If you enjoy our House, Gardens, Christmas decor and programs, exhibits or our July Garden Festival, you have our volunteers to thank. Last year, nearly everything we did was enhanced and supported by over 140 volunteers who collectively spent over 2700 hours of their time to make Lougheed House and the surrounding green-spaces a special refuge for Calgarians and visitors. THANK YOU to everyone who has volunteered with us!
These volunteers assist our Head Gardener in nurturing and beautifying the Beaulieu Gardens on the 2.8 acre historic estate. If you like digging, planting, weeding, deadheading, watering and socializing, this is for you!
Events & Programs
Lougheed House hosts several events each year where volunteers are needed. Jobs may include, assisting with children’s activities, helping serve pancake breakfasts, distributing information to guests, or even taking the role of Santa Claus!
Lougheed House is recruiting people to become historic interpreters!
Our interpreters have a direct role in helping to tell the story of the Lougheed House, and a direct impact on the type of experience guests will have when they visit by helping to make it memorable.
The ideal applicant:
- Has a friendly and outgoing personality
- Feels comfortable and confident working with crowds as well as small group
- Is able to volunteer for at least 4 hours twice a month or 3-4 hours each week, as well as attend workshops, meetings, and training
- Will be committed to upholding the mission of Lougheed House
Benefits to becoming a Lougheed House Volunteer are many, including:
- Discounts in the Shop and at the restaurant
- Annual appreciation dinner
- Invitations to volunteer events or special advance entry to public events
- Meeting like minded people and creating a historic community within Lougheed House